This website (and all the other websites I run) should all be running much faster now. This weekend I flipped everything from my previous VPS at Slicehost to a new instance at Linode. There is a ridiculous amount I could write about the move, and I'll try to share what I think is most helpful to others. In general I can say that the Linode hosts are a lot faster than the Slicehost instance I had. Doing basic Linux stuff was 2-3 times faster on Linode than on Slicehost.
My new setup is also a lot faster due to how I deployed WordPress and MediaWiki. I'm now running everything on nginx instead of Apache. I'm also serving all my PHP out of php5-cgi instead of mod_php. Perhaps even more importantly I got all of my wiki and blog instances running under one PHP install for MediaWiki and WordPress. As a result, the APC module for PHP can do it's job right. I'm now getting 99.9% PHP cache hits.
With all that said I fully expect I may have a thing or two not working right now. If you see anything broken a comment or email would be great.