At the U2 360° show they had this “gigapixel” Fan Cam thingy. It would be interesting to know a bit more about how it worked. It captures the whole crowd with a pretty high degree of detail.
Somewhat rare that we all get in the same photo. Also Tammy with brand new hair color.
The remodel is continuing along really well. This week all the framing was completed. There were some ceiling parts left from last week. We did the electrical walk through on Monday of this week and the electrician got right to it. The pre-wiring for more security system stuff was done. The ducts for the furnace also got put in. Another temporary wall was put up in the kitchen so that the door could be taken out and the wall cut out above the espresso bar. The window in the upstairs bathroom was removed. The deck was also put back together which helps the yard feel more normal.
The week ahead is mostly about wires and pipes. Electrical inspection will happen this week and hopefully the low voltage work will get completed as well. I’m dragging new Ethernet and coax to a bunch of spots. The outside will also be restored further with our fencing put back in place and possibly the beginning of the siding work.
The last two build-outs that I’ve worked through at the office have had the same electrician and everyone always calls him Sparky. It is his nickname. I’ve always thought it was a fun nickname, or concerning since sparks aren’t what you want with electricity.
Today at our remodel I overheard the framers talking about Sparky being done in this area or still working over there. Is Sparky just a nickname for all electricians on job sites?
Tammy put up a blog post about how much Tyler loves to play with shoes. This was one of the pictures that I thought was just great.
The update last week felt really significant with the new floors in and all. This week felt like an even bigger advance! All of the walls in the basement are now framed in and the windows are in the mudroom and the family room. We can now see just how the light will be in the family room and get a sense for how the flow will be in the main level with the mudroom there. We also got most of our side lawn back this week. Tammy and I are both feeling really good about the layout.
The week the project also broke into the rest of the house. A temporary barrier is in place in the office to keep dust out and the exterior wall has already been taken out to make room for the new pocket doors.
This week we do the electrical walk-through as well as mapping out all the low voltage work. We are right around the half-way point now.
The pictures of all the framing are probably hard to make out without an idea of what direction things are. The floor plans can help make some sense of it all.
Inside: 76° with air conditioning
Outside: 91° and 75% humidity with a dew point of 81°.